For admission, you must have:
- earned a Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- have three (3) years of administrative experience in a certified position in a public or private school;
- have a grade point average of at least 3.3 in all graduate work previously attempted;
- have three (3) letters of reference from individuals familiar with the applicant's potential for advanced professional studies; one letter must be from an employer and one letter must be from a professor who has known the applicant as a student;
- submitted official transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate credits;
- competitive scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), within five (5) years; and
- international students must submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Admission to Candidacy
Admission to Virginia State University in a graduate degree program does not carry with it admission to candidacy for the Ed.D.in Educational Administration and Supervision program. Approval of doctoral degree candidacy by the Graduate Dean certifies that the student's academic performance has been reviewed and that permission to pursue the program of study to completion has been granted.
Admission to candidacy requires the completion of fifty-four (54) credit hours of required coursework and passing the Comprehensive Examination. Failure to meet the requirements will result in denial of admission to degree candidacy. Students may reapply for admission to candidacy once before being dismissed from the program. All applicants should consult their cohort advisor and/or the Coordinator of the Ed.D. Program concerning required forms and deadline dates.
Click here for an application.